How to get to the Vistabella Hotel
More and more guests keep asking us the best way to get to the Vistabella when planning their stay. The options are many, so we have compiled all the information available below.
We are lucky to be strategically located between 3 airports:
- The most important is that of Barcelona - El Prat at 175km (about 2 hours by car)
- The closest is Girona - Costa Brava at 75km (one hour by car)
- As an alternative we also have the Perpignan – Rivesaltes at 85km (one hour and a quarter drive)
The best option is to have a CAR that allows you to get to Roses and move freely around the area to discover its countless attractions, be able to reach small beaches, visit museums or taste our gastronomy with total freedom. If you do not have your own vehicle, we recommend you rent it directly upon arrival at the airport or train station, driving to Vistabella is much easier than you imagine. Once at the hotel, our valet parking service will take care of parking it and having it ready whenever you need it.
Nevertheless, getting to paradise by public transport is laborious but not impossible, so below we explain all the possibilities:
- To get by train, the nearest station is in Figueres, 25km from Roses. There are a total of two stations, that of FIGUERES for regional and medium-distance trains and that of FIGUERES-VILAFANT for high-speed trains AVE and TGV. The frequency of trains is high and similar in both lines, however the biggest difference is the duration of the journey, an AVE train to Barcelona travels in just 55 minutes while a regional takes about 2 hours on average. It is also possible to reach Figueres - Vilafant from France. In any case, from Figueres stations to the hotel, you will have to take the taxi or bus. You can check schedules and rates here: www.renfe.es and www.renfe-sncf.com
- There is the possibility of arriving by bus directly to Roses from Barcelona although its frequency is very low, with 1 or 2 buses a day depending on the time of the year. During the summer months there is a direct route from Barcelona - El Prat Airport. You have to check the schedules here as they can vary frequently: www.sarfa.es. At the Figueres bus station (next to the train station) there are buses that make national and international routes such as www.alsa.es and www.eurolines.es
- Without a doubt, the fastest and most comfortable option is TAXI, but it is also the most expensive. A journey between the Hotel and Barcelona airport is around 280 Euros with normal traffic conditions, door-to-door service without wasting time or waiting. From the reception of the hotel we can help you book this service or if you prefer private transport by luxury car, do not hesitate to contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Both Girona airport and Perpignan airport do not have their own train station, but a shuttle bus service to Girona and Perpignan train stations respectively.
As we have already explained, it would be best to have your own vehicle to discover the area quietly and to visit as much as you wish, but there is also the possibility of renting a car or motorcycle to move around here once in the hotel. You can check availability and prices on www.autorentcostabrava.com and www.ampuriacar.com.
From the reception of the hotel we will be more than happy to help you and advise you to find the best combinations to come and visit us and enjoy a dream stay.
See you soon?