The 27th of May starts in Roses the 5th edition of the Fair of the Rose, a cultural and social event organised by the Council of Roses to add value to everything related with the word rose: the flowers, the women named Rose and the municipality of Roses.
During the three days that the fair lasts (27, 28 and 29 of May) there will be in Roses floral compositions with roses, a gastronomic tasting with wines from Empordà, a craft market, games and activities for children, musicals, a conference on The name of the rose, a photography competition, and a closing parade with floral hairstyles. Furthermore, Roses launches the gastronomic campaign of “1000 Roses in Roses”, where all the women named Rose (or any of its variants, as Rosalie, Rosanne, Rosemary, Rosalind, Rosaline…) are invited to taste for free a Menu of the Rose in one of the restaurants that participate in the campaign. Balcó de Mar, at the Hotel Vistabella, is on the list. The price of the Menu for companions is at 49,60€. The tasting of the Menu will be between the 27th of May and the 5th of June and it is essential that for this purpose:
1) You get an invitation voucher using one of these four channels:
- The website www.firadelarosa.cat/inscripcions1000roses
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 902 10 36 36
- Personally at the Tourism Office of Roses, Av. de Rhode, 77-79
Reservations are open from the 20th of May. You can pick up your voucher at the Tourism Office of Roses between the 21st of May and the 5th of June at the following times: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 18:00; Saturday, from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 15:00 to 18:00, and Sunday, from 10:00 to 13:00. Important information! Hurry up if you want to get your voucher since there are only a thousand of invitations prepared.
2) Next, it is required that you make a prior reservation at el Balcó de Mar by calling us at (+34) 972 256 200 and explaining that you have a voucher to taste a Menu of the Rose. You can choose between lunch and dinner and you can only acquire one voucher for the whole gastronomic campaign, which is personal and non-transferrable.
3) The day of the meal you have to bring a proof of identity document (ID card, passport, driving license).